The Squarano estate is located in the heart of the Classic Valpolicella on a hill surrounded by cypresses. Here the Marchesi Fumanelli started producing grapes and prestigious wines since 1470 on the ancient remains of a roman installation. Many are the inscriptions and artifacts in the estate among which a vestige from a temple dedicated to the goddess Flora. It is also probable that one of the estates of King Berengario in the X century was located on the summit of the Squarano hill.
In 1998 the ancient remains of the cellars after a meticulous restoration started storing again oak barrels for the aging of Classic wines of Valpolicella.